A dirty martini is a simple cocktail using either Gin or Vodka with Dry Vermouth, olive brine and garnised with a green olive.
No one really knows where it originated from but any bond fan will remember Daniel Craig ordering his Martini "Dirty" in Casino Royale. The scene was used to emphasise his anger at the time as its not his normal drink, we all knows that's a
However, its not one of the favourites with bartenders, if made incorrectly it can be very distasteful but prepared properly can be a stunning drink.
- 60ml Vodka (3 small cocktail jigger measures)
- 1 Tablespoon of Dry Vermouth
- 2 Tablespoons olive brine
- Handful of ice
- Olive to garnish
- Add the vodka, dry vermouth, olive brine and ice together in a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Using a chilled martini glass rub the lemon around the rim
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass
- Serve with an olive on a cocktail stick or a twist of lemon peel.
You can enahnce the drink using stuffed olives. Blue cheese and Jalapeno stuffed olives are just two options.