Compostable Takeaway Packaging
Commercially Compostable Takeaway Food Packaging is available to buy on line from Chef & Bar Supplies. All packaging in this range is EN13432 compliant.
(EN 13432 requires the compostable plastics to disintegrate after 12 weeks and completely biodegrade after six months. That means that 90 percent or more of the plastic material will have been converted to CO2. The remaining share is converted into water and biomass – i.e. valuable compost.)
The Kraft Containers:
- FSC Certified Kraft Paper (The Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certifies that a paper is made of responsibly sourced wood fiber).
- PLA lining (PLA consists of renewable raw materials and is biodegradable in industrial composting plants).
- Leak resistant.
- Suitable for hot, cold, wet and dry foods.
The Bagasse Containers:
- Made from sustainable sugarcane pulp.
- Leak resistant.
- Suitable for hot, cold, wet and dry solid foods (not suitable for liquids).
- Environmental production certified ISO 14001 (ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system).
Bagasse is the best food packaging product on the market. It is one of the only materials that is completely made of waste product that would otherwise be discarded. It is made from the bi-product of Sugar Cane in sugar production. The bi-product is then processed and turned into packaging. Disposing of bagasse could not be easier. Once used, Bagasse is fully compostable and Biodegradable, adding vital nutrients back into the start of the food production cycle.
With takeaway now established as a necessary addition to service for many restaurants, hotels and professional caterers, this range will answer 90%+ of your needs for takeaway service.